With all the dubious assistance programs and out-right scams preying on home owners facing foreclosure, it can be difficult to find legitimate help. If you or someone you know if facing foreclosure please give us a call or contact any of the programs included in the list below which are either operated by the U.S. government or have its seal of approval:
- To find a counselor, contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at (800) 569-4287 or (877) 483-1515, or go to www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hccprof14.cfm
- Call (888) 995-HOPE, the Homeowner™s HOPE Hotline to reach a nonprofit, HUD-approved counselor through HOPE NOW, a cooperative effort of mortgage counselors and lenders to assist homeowners.
- For Free Short Sale assistance from a Columbus, Ohio Realtor Specialist give us a call at 614.332.6984. We will assist you in discussing alternatives to foreclosure, determining if you qualify for a short sale, explaining the short sale process and the tax consquences of a short sale and how to avoid a deficiency judgment, preparing the short sale package and sample hardship letter templates, negotiating with your lender and getting your short sale approved. We will also assist you in the listing your home and will actively market it to buyers looking for homes such as your own. Please click here if you require short sale assistance in a state or city outside of our own.
- Go to this Web site for information on federal mortgage modification and refinancing programs: www.makinghomeaffordable.gov
- The Controller of the Currency™s consumer information site for banking-related questions is www.helpwithmybank.gov
- OCC Customer Assistance Group and consumer assistance site: www.occ.gov/customer.htm
- Federal Trade Commission: www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/homes/rea04.shtm
- Federal Reserve Board: www.federalreserve.gov/pubs/foreclosurescamtips/default.htm
- NeighborWorks America: http://www.nw.org
- HOPE NOW: www.hopenow.com
If you or some you know is facing foreclosure you™re facing some very important decisions. We want you know you™re not alone and we are here to help with any questions you may have to assist you in making the best decisions for your situation. There is no charge for this service and we are happy to help! We offer confidential and professional real estate advice. We are Columbus Ohio Short Sale Specialist Realtors, however, if you live outside of Central Ohio we can assist by referring you to a specialists in your area. You may also cick on the following link to find Short Sale Specialist Realtors in your area.
The Opland Group Specializes in Real Estate Sales, Luxury Home Sales, Short Sales in; Bexley Columbus Delaware Downtown Dublin Gahanna Grandview Heights Granville Grove City Groveport Hilliard Lewis Center New Albany Pickerington Polaris Powell Upper Arlington Westerville Worthington