ECO-Link is a loan program offering reduced interest rates on qualifying loans to homeowners completing energy-efficient upgrades or installing renewable energy products such as new windows, furnace, refrigerator, solar panels, etc. Eligible homeowners receive up to a 3% interest reduction on ECO-Link loans for up to 7 years.
The homeowner must use at least 50% of the loan proceeds for the installation of qualifying energy-efficient products; the other 50% of the loan can relate to other home improvement projects.
The loans are serviced by participating lenders and go up to $50,000.
There are no fees assessed by the Treasurer’s office for the preparation, processing, reporting or monitoring of any ECO-Link application. The application process is simple and easy to complete.
The ECO loan gives buyers an opportunity to pay for necessary upgrades without taking out a home equity line (as there may not be any equity in your home) or applying for a construction loan.
- Must be an Ohio resident, which for the purposes of this linked deposit program is defined as (a) the person has lived in Ohio for at least 180 days; (b) the address of the home to receive the ECO-Link interest rate reduction must be in Ohio as evidenced through the property records of the relevant county auditor; and (c) the home must be the primary residence of the applicant.
- Must own an existing home or condominium, but additional residential classifications may be eligible
- Must receive approval for a qualifying loan through a participating bank
- Must use at least 50% of the loan for the installation of energy efficient or renewable energy projects; the other 50% can relate to other home improvement projects
- Must fully complete the ECO-Link application
- Must give the Treasurer’s office a copy of the quote(s) from your contractor(s) completing the project, that details the equipment being installed as well as pricing
- Must provide the Treasurer’s office copies of receipts from all appliances or projects that are installed by the homeowner
- Estimates, quotes, and/or receipts must be submitted for the total value of the loan for which an ECO-Link interest rate reduction is sought. This includes all qualifying energy efficient improvements, as well as other home improvements performed with the proceeds of a loan that benefits from the interest rate reduction provided through participation in ECO-Link.
Click here for information on the ECO Link program.
The Opland Group Specializes in Real Estate Sales, Luxury Home Sales, Short Sales in; Bexley 43209 Columbus 43201 43206 43214 43215 Delaware 43015 Dublin 43016 43017 Gahanna 43219 43230 Grandview Heights 43212 Hilliard 43026 Lewis Center 43035 Marysville 43040 43041 New Albany 43054 Pickerington 43147 Powell 43065 Upper Arlington 43220 43221 Westerville 43081 43082 Worthington 43235